Foodstuff safety management systems
The HACCP concept was worked out in 60-s by joint efforts of Pillsbury company, US armed forces laboratories and National department for aeronautics and cosmonautics (of NАSA) in the process of development of American Space Program. As result, the development of HACCP, the concept was presented by company Pillsbury in 1971 at the First American National Conference on foodstuff safety issues.
World health protection organization and International commission on the microbiological indexes of foodstuff safety approved the HACCP system application.
НАССР is the management instrument, providing more structured approach to the control of identified dangerous factors, in comparison to the traditional methods, such as inspection or quality control. HACCP system application allows to change approach from the final product testing to the development of preventive methods securing foodstuff safety.
In most cases the efficiency of НАССР system depends on group of experts, engaged in the system development, so-called НАССР group. The group, responsible for the НАССР system development, should include the specialists from different fields, such, as: microbiology, chemistry, food technology, quality securing.
While developing the HACCP system, the expert team applies seven fundamental principles. Such approach includes authentication and analysis of the dangerous factors related to all production stages of food products, starting from the raw materials acceptance and finishing with the products shipment to end-user. Biological, chemical and physical hazardous factors are examined in the point of their influence extent over product safety. As the result of dangerous factors analysis the Control Critical Points (CCP) are determined. Then the Critical limits, as well as monitoring and recording procedures, are developed for every CCP. The efficiency of HACCP system depends on verification procedures, applied for confirmation of system effectiveness.
ADVANTAGES OF НАССР SYSTEM INTRODUCTION
НАССР is the powerful system which can be used for wide spectrum of simple and complex operations. It is used for securing of foodstuff safety during all the production process and food product realization. For introduction of НАССР system, producers is to research not only their own product and methods of its production, this system is also worth applying for the suppliers of raw material and auxiliary materials, distribution and retailing systems.
There are many advantages in HACCP system application. The most important are listed below:
- НАССР is the systematic approach, extending on every aspects of foodstuff safety, starting from growing, harvesting, raw materials purchasing and finishing by the product consumption by end-user.
- HACCP application changes the priorities from the final product testing to preventive methods use for providing of safety for the products and its realization.
- Properly done analyses for hazardous factors allows to find out the hidden hazards and direct the corresponding resources to the critical points of process.
- Reduction of losses, related to recalling of products, penalty sanctions and court claims.
- НАССР can be integrated into the general management quality system in accordance to ІSО 9000 series standards.
- International organizations, such as Соdех Аlіmеntаrius Commission, approved the НАССР application as the most effective preventive means for warning of diseases, caused by foodstuff.
- HACCP application can be useful for confirmation of legislative and normative requirements implementation.
Starting from July 1, 2003 the new state standard DSTU 4161-2003 "Foodstuff safety management system", based on the HACCP concept was introduced in Ukraine. This standard can be applied both for foodstuff safety management system and its certification.
Derzhspozhivstandart’s (State customers standard organization) order № 185 of 25.08.04 р approved "The Order for foodstuff safety management systems certification". By the same order SE "Kharkivstandartmetrologiia" was appointed as the certification body for foodstuff safety management systems.
Since 2008 SE "Kharkivstandartmetrologiia" is appointed as the certification body for foodstuff safety management system for its conformity to the international standard DSTU ISO 22000: 2007 "Foodstuff safety management systems. Requirements for any food chain organizations".
The high quality of our services are guaranteed, foremost due to the competence of our public accountants, who have experience in working with the companies of different food industry fields.
We are ready to share with you the advanced experience and the latest tendencies in the field of foodstuff safety management.
The HACCP section of management systems certification department organizes:
- seminars-training for HACCP systems development and introduction
- training in performance of internal audits of foodstuff safety management systems
- the works on the foodstuff safety management systems certification (DSTU 4161-2003, DSTU ISO 22000: 2007)
More detailed information according validity of the certificate for foodstaff safety management systems on the HACCP principles basis can be received by phone: (057) 756 38 05, E-mail: email@example.com.
Our contact details:
40 Myronosytska Str, off.303, Kharkiv, 31002, Ukraine
Tel./fax(38 057) 752-43-81
Tel./fax(38 057) 756-38-05
E - mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of the department - Rogov Mikhail Feliksovich